By Marco Ajmone Marsan, Michela Meo, Matteo Sereno (auth.), Günter Hommel (eds.)
This workshop on Communication-Based structures is meant to offer the examine result of scholars of the Graduiertenkolleg `Communication-Based platforms' to a world neighborhood. To stimulate the clinical dialogue, well known specialists have been invited to provide their perspectives at the following examine components:
- Formal specification and mathematical foundations of dispensed platforms utilizing approach algebra, graph ameliorations, method calculi, and temporal logics;
- Performance overview, dependability modeling, and research of real-time platforms with other kinds of timed Petri-Nets;
- Specification and research of conversation protocols;
- Reliability, safeguard, and dependability in allotted structures;
- Object orientation in disbursed structures structure;
- Software improvement and ideas for allotted functions;
- Computer community structure and administration;
- Language options for allotted systems.
Read or Download Communication-Based Systems: Proceeding of the 3rd International Workshop held at the TU Berlin, Germany, 31 March – 1 April 2000 PDF
Similar international books
Compiler Construction: 20th International Conference, CC 2011, Held as Part of the Joint European Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software, ETAPS 2011, Saarbrücken, Germany, March 26–April 3, 2011. Proceedings
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the twentieth foreign convention on Compiler building, CC 2011, held in Saarbrücken, Germany, March 26—April three, 2011, as a part of ETAPS 2011, the eu Joint meetings on idea and perform of software program. The 15 revised complete papers provided including the summary of 1 invited speak have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from fifty two submissions.
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the ninth IFIP WG 12. five overseas convention on man made Intelligence purposes and suggestions, AIAI 2013, held in Paphos, Cyprus, in September/October 2013. The 26 revised complete papers provided including a keynote speech on the major occasion and forty four papers of eight collocated workshops have been rigorously reviewed and chosen for inclusion within the quantity.
This publication supplies a cutting-edge survey of present learn in common sense and philosophy of technology, as considered by means of invited audio system chosen through the main prestigious foreign association within the box. particularly, it provides a coherent photo of foundational learn into a number of the sciences, either usual and social.
- Advanced Information Systems Engineering: 25th International Conference, CAiSE 2013, Valencia, Spain, June 17-21, 2013. Proceedings
- Materials Engineering. Proceedings of the First International Symposium, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, November 1985
- Biochemical Lesions and Lethal Synthesis
- Ambient Assisted Living: Third International Workshop, IWAAL 2011, Held at IWANN 2011, Torremolinos-Málaga, Spain, June 8-10, 2011. Proceedings
Additional info for Communication-Based Systems: Proceeding of the 3rd International Workshop held at the TU Berlin, Germany, 31 March – 1 April 2000
E. Ammann. Modelle für die Selbstdiagnose fehlertoleranter Systems. PhD thesis, Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen, 1983. 2. M. Barborak, M. Malek, and A. Dahbura. The Consensus Problem in Fault-Tolerant Computing. ACM Computing Surveys, 25(2):171220, 1993. 3. F. Barsi, F. Grandoni, and P. Maestrini. A theory of diagnosability of digital systems. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 25(6):585-593, 1976. 4. S. Kreuzer and S. Hakimi. Adaptive fault identification in two new diagnostic models. In Proceedings of the 21st Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing, pages 353-363, Allerton, 1983.
If tokens are placed in POl and P02 a single run of the Petri net for the MSC paralleLexecution can be animated using the token game. Such a token game is possible when using the Petri net tool TimeNET [ZGFH99]. If furt her a transition connects P03 and POl and another transition connects P04 and P02 a simulation and an analysis of the closed net would be possible. In order to do this example values for the deterministic delays of t 13 and t 14 need to be specified. 31 4 Conclusions and Outlook This paper showed that a mapping of MSC specifications onto Petri nets is possible.
A remarkable feature of these distributions is the presence of a number of plateaus where the distribution does hardly change. These plateaus are due to the inclusion of the startup procedure of the program, in particular starting the worker processes on remote machines: 1 First, the master program starts and immediately forks off four rsh processes that in turn start the remote worker processes. Some of these worker processes might start right away, so me might be delayed. However, the program starts executing even when only so me workers are present, running slowly at the beginning and increasing in speed when all the workers have joined.